Wednesday 4 September 2024

The Code & Heggerty Phonemic Awareness

On 29 August, I had my second observation by Mrs Walsh. Below is the feedback attached. 


I was so impressed with my learners' performance as they did well. When I started teaching The Code the learners were so slow and struggled with the sounding of the letters which hindered them from writing words. I just thought how will I teach them this? But they proved me wrong. 


The same thing with Heggerty as they picked the skills I covered from the book such as rhyme production, onset fluency, blending syllables, isolating final sounds, segmenting syllables, and adding, deleting, and substituting syllables.


P.S: Mid Term 1 - I started teaching ‘The Code” to my learners. Mid Term 2 - I started teaching Heggerty Phonemic Awareness to my learners.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Code & Heggerty Phonemic Awareness

On 29 August, I had my second observation by Mrs Walsh. Below is the feedback attached.  I was so impressed with my learners' performanc...