Monday 5 August 2024

Share/ Tohatoha Workshop

Today I had the opportunity to participate in our Manaiakalani Professional Development Workshop. Manaiakalani pedagogy revolves around Learn, Create, Share. So this afternoon the focus was on Share/Tohatoha. 


This was an opportunity to get to know other educators who have been working on comparable achievement challenges and exchange strategies with them. 


From the collaborative discussion, I realised that all of us in our Meet Group had the same challenges: learners are hesitant to produce creative writing. Some even do not want to take a risk and enjoy writing. There is no excitement among learners.


Discussion slides with recommendations are attached below.



For further discussions regarding our Share/Tohatoha meet, visit our Manaiakalani Professional Development site.



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Code & Heggerty Phonemic Awareness

On 29 August, I had my second observation by Mrs Walsh. Below is the feedback attached.  I was so impressed with my learners' performanc...