Thursday 29 August 2024

Intervention: Causal Chain 2024

A causal chain is when a cause leads to an effect and that effect becomes the cause of another effect. A leads to B. B leads to C. C leads to D. 

Theory needs to be as strong as possible before it’s tested. It needs to be reasonable, plausible, and consistent with what we already know - so that it is most likely to work.

To understand deeply how teaching (as a cause) leads to a valued student outcome (effect), we need to know about more than just the first cause in the chain and the final - we need to know about each link. 

Below is my causal chain summarising my inquiry so far which shows a plan for my intervention in Term 3.



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Code & Heggerty Phonemic Awareness

On 29 August, I had my second observation by Mrs Walsh. Below is the feedback attached.  I was so impressed with my learners' performanc...