Sunday 16 June 2019

Digital Fluency Intensive Day 3 - Media


We started the day by talking about what went well for this week and what we needed some help with. 

As for me: 
I tried Google Docs with my learners since I wasn't able to do so earlier. I gave a go at Connect the Docs where I can successfully give the heading and link subheadings. I tried using One Tab to tame my tabs. 

I needed help with my Google Hangouts as I was not able to make a call. Only reason was that the domain has been blocked. Fusion has been looking into this for me.


As for today's DFI learning we looked at How to Live Stream:

1. Using a Full HD Camera - Full HD Camera: Canon LEGRIA HF G40, Teradek: VidiU Pro, YouTube Live, YouTube Live: Create an Event, Stream Via:VidiU Pro.
2. Using a Laptop Webcam - Laptop Webcam: Using YouTube.
3. Using a Drone - Drone: DJI Spark. Kent Sommerville from Point England School gave more insight into this.
ksommerville@ptengland.school.nz

Then we looked at:

Youtube Channels - learnt that teachers are to save the youtube videos in to the Drive and then share with the learners. This means that we take videos from youtube and share via drive/ give ti drive. This way it will allows learners to only watch videos they are suppose to.
Also youtube is not the place for children to put their videos. Learners are not to set up youtube channels as we as a teacher won't be able to go in their youtube account.

Youtube Playlists - this is used to curate playlists. We learnt how to create playlists using various headings and save as many videos as we can. We can also embed so it's easy for the learners to access.

Create - Hanga (Maori word) was significantly about 'Hook'. It helps kids to become better problem solvers, communicators and collaborators. It helps to swap things around (eg. create to learn - chocolate chip baking). Learners can start by baking, expand their learning by researching, writing and then bake again. It can go in this order as well : create, share and learn.

Slides - we are the star, slides is/ are just supporting our story. Consistency in message/ story is important. Use colour, bolding rather then different fonts.
Colours - uniform spews (not too many colours, difficult to see)
White space is your friend - light background, dark text to contrast.
Dark background - light text to enhance.
Map story - Plan, plan, plan.

Google Drawing - is tool for any tasks such as word banking, infographics, learning menus, Digital art and many more. Using Google Drawing I got the picture of a rose and then used Google Drawing and did the art. I was able to come up to this for far but I haven't been able to remove the background successfully. I need to find as easier way to remove background. I tried remove.bg and pixlr.com but was not successful.



For levelling up here are some important Slides  - Working with Shapes and images (Working with Shapes, Texts and Images in Google Slides)
For Making Meaning of Content I made a slideshow of My Pepeha.
As for Blogging Tips we mainly looked at the settings and the Youtube settings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Interventions

While going through my Planned interventions for Term 1, I realised that I needed to create a consent form for the parents to permit me to u...