Today in our Manaiakalani Digital Intensive learning I learnt how to:
Create: Making meaning of content
- Create a video recording of a Google Hangout between groups of three.
- Use Quicktime screen recorder - each group will need a Mac user to create the recording. Trim ends on QT to remove ‘fluffing around’ at beginning and end of recording. Send it to a Google Drive folder (make visible) at the end so you can embed in blogs.
- In groups of three, host and record a hangout.
We choose a child from the posts here, read what they have posted and base your discussion on this one post -*Tip* make it easy - scan through and pick one that has a creative looking post to discuss!!
Questions to guide our conversation on slide 20
- What learner empowerment is demonstrated? Do you detect signs of learner agency in this post? Did they have any room to make choices?
- What supports / scaffolds might the teacher have set up to get this creative activity to occur? Eg scaffolds, rubrics, templates etc etc.
- Explain/reflect/demonstrate learning, through creation - How has creation given more opportunities for deep learning and cognitive engagement?
Below is a Quicktime Recording done with Jay and Sandhya.