Wednesday 23 August 2017

Digital Intensive Week 5: Creating a Multi Modal Site

Today I was successful at creating a simple site. We chose a text for the junior class - The Lion and the Mouse. After going through the text we got in small groups and used Padlet to plan how we can implement multi modal/ multi text approach to make our teaching and learners understanding easier. This was so that we can plan, share ideas or resources. 

We used the multi-text (Complementary Text, Scaffolding Text and Challenging Text) approach to meet the diverse literacy needs to meet learners learning style, interest and readiness. From there we created our own sites individually. 

Some of the multi modal modes we looked at were -


  • Explain Everything - create or questions to answer
  • Writing/ Books.
  • Videos
  • Photos/ images
  • News articles
  • Blogs
  • Audio
  • Podcasts
  • Animations
  • Gifs
  • Physical experiences
  • Recordings or
  • Poems
  • Other school blogs ...


The option given was either to focus on New Zealand Curriculum or Themes/ values such as:

  • Being Helpful
  • Size Doesn't Matter
  • Everyone has different skills
  • A Friend in Need is a Friend Indeed
  • One Good Turn Deserves Another

Below is snapshot of the site I created considering Year 2/3 level.
Click on the link and see creative I was - The Lion and the Mouse.




4 comments:

  1. Awesome summary of your learning Anjila, you are learning heaps! I love the site you have created. Have you used it with your learners?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Matt, thanks for leaving a comment. Yes, certainly I am learning a lot this term with Dorothy, Gerhard and your support. As for utilising the multi-modal text - yes I have used and I am still using the multi-modal text approach with my year 2/3 learners and the only thing, which I haven't tried is the last bit where learners choose their own text. But today while discussing my Teaching as Inquiry in the staff meeting I was suggested that I can let the kids choose the text from the school library, which will make out for the last bit "Learner's choice of text". Thanks again Matt.

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed reading your post Anjila. Great to see you getting lots out of the sessions. Your site looks great, and I am looking forward to seeing some more of the sites you build over the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Gerhard, thanks for the compliment and as I have said to Matt that it's because of your guys professional support I have come so far. Plus I shall endeavour and continue working hard building my sites in the next coming weeks. Thanks for always being there when I am stuck.

      Delete

Manaiakalani Film Festival Blogs

How to embed a class movie from drive to individual class EduBlog